PortaPow Specialised 8ft 20AWG Charge Only Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Asus Transformer, Dell Venue, Other Fast Charging Devices
New November 2014 Design - improved build quality and 20AWG copper (lower resistance than standard 24AWG or 26AWG) for faster charging. Compatible with smartphones and satnavs from Samsung, HTC, Google, Sony, TomTom, Asus etc. This cable is designed to prevent your device going into data transfer mode when connected to a Laptop/TV/Car Stereo and also to improve charging speed from a powerful USB charger which is built to the wrong spec (eg designed for Apple devices rather than Micro USB), and
- If you have purchased a powerful mains or car USB charger but find that it charges your device slowly or not at all when using a normal micro USB cable, this cable will most likely solve the problem.
- Follows the 'Dumb USB' specification' - get the full power from a computer USB socket, mains or car USB charger. Your device will not enter 'data transfer' mode so there is no risk of data hacking / viruses when charging from an unknown USB socket.
- PC USB sockets and some other chargers will only charge micro USB device at 0.5A with a normal data cable, this allows charging at 1A or more - twice as fast.
- Uses 20AWG copper cable for lower resistance and faster charging than a normal 8ft micro USB cable.
- Read the description below - it won't make everything charge faster.